Friday, September 30, 2005

Yay for silly!

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Kirk Wylie fulfilled a long-term desire to re-enlist on a captured drug trafficking ship. After the Danny Ivan was captured by USCGC Hamilton, Chief Wylie, a member of the Hamilton boarding party, was given his re-enlistment oath by fellow boarding party member, Chief Warrant Officer Randy Johnson, on the bridge of the captured vessel. Now that he's fulfilled his dream (silly as it may be), he can go on with his 13-year career in the Coast Guard. The Danny Ivan was carrying more than 6 tons of cocaine when it was captured by USCGC Hamilton. [Article link]

To me, silly is fun: it's something to smile at. If people don't have silly goals like this, then life just gets way too boring. Good for him for fulfilling this goal! There have been times that I've had silly goals as well. One of my most recent goals fulfilled is getting myself a coding buddy (a beenie baby Otter). I know it's silly, but like I said before, yay for silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home